Thursday, 26 April 2012

Magazine Mock Shots

Below are my mock shots which I have taken in order to create my music magazine, I have only used four of my pictures which I have taken.
Picture 1
This is the first picture I have taken, I have used this as my main image as the facial expression given is a serious look, as i want my main image to look serious in order for my magazine cover to look intimidating to the readers. The mise en scene used within this picture is exceptional as my actor is wearing all black which connotes his youth, and a pull over hat which connotes his personal image. And a black hooded top which is stereotypically related to young youths.

Picture 2

My second picture used is of the same actor, but the mise en scene used is different as my actor is wearing a black balaclava, also my actors facial expression is directly looking into the camera as he is the main focus point. As a whole my main image connotes fear and connotes what a youth who is a gang member would look like. As my magazine cover is about my rapper who has grew up in gangs I think it is appropriate to use this image. I have used this picture on my double page spread.

Picture 3


My third image I am using for my double page spread, This image is appropriate as my double page spread is about this artist getting out of the hoods and streets and how he is a changed man. The mise en scene used within this pictures connotes he is a changed person as he is wearing casual clothes and not dark thug like clothing.

Un Used Pictures
Below are the rest of my mock shots which I haven't used in my Magazine
I have not used these images as simply they do not fit the purpose of my magazine. Some of the pictures used have bad lighting and other have bad facial expressions.
Contents
However these pictures below are featured on my contents page, although the images are the same I have modified them too, you can find my modifications on my photoshop practises post. In addition I have used these two images on my contents as I was creating an old school look as most grime raps are stereotypically dressed in black and white so i wanted to create that mise en scene among my contents page for the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment