Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Questionnaire Results

Below I will be posting my results for my questionnaire I created recently

Results 1
As you can see from my first set of results that most of my respondents are male as 73% percent of my respondents were male and 27% was female. However the most common age between my respondents was between 15-20 years old as this was the most on 82%. I can use my first set of results to my advantage because I now know I should base my music magazine for male readers, and try to a attract readers between the age of 15-20.

Results 2


The first question I asked was "Do you buy music magazines." The results from my respondents show that 64% of people do not buy music compared to the 36% that do. This tells me that I need to make my music magazine stand out so these people may change their mind, I could possibly include free gifts to attract the reader. My second question I asked "What music magazines do you buy?" The results of this questions show that NME and Q are joint top with 75%. I will act on this feedback through researching what NME and Q are including in their magazine so I can integrate this to mine so I attract these readers.

Results 3
My third set of results show the responses from the next three questions I asked. The first questions was "Do you receive any free gifts with purchase?" the main result I got back was Cd's. I will act upon and may include free gifts with my magazine which will be an exclusive CD to the reader. My second question asked was "How much do you spends on a music magazine?" The top result i got back was £4.01-£6. This shows me that readers like to spend allot on magazines however I will price mine a reasonable price such as £2.50. The last question I asked was "What genre of music magazine do you buy?" My results are odd as I have included most mainstream genres but the respondents have told me that they buy other, and have stated they buy House Music Magazines, with the majority decision of 73%. However this result will now impact my decision on choosing which genre to base my music magazine on as most readers prefer house music than the mainstream genres.

Results 4
My fourth set of results show the responses from my next questions. My first question was "Why don't you buy music magazines?" The responses I got back show that most 55% of people do not buy music magazines due to the factor of price. I am again using this to my advantage as I will price my magazine reasonably to attract all reader. My second questions was "Do you interactively read music magazines?" My results show that 45% of reader do not as they chose other and consisted of the answer no. My last question was "Would a subscription magazine be better for you?" My results have shown that 55% of readers would prefer a subscription magazine compared to the 45%. I have to be careful as there is only 10% between the two answers. But I will take this into consideration when creating my magazine and decide whether to go with a subscription magazine or not.

Results 5
My final set of results show responses from the last 2 questions. My first question was "What genre of music do you listen to?" My respondents show that 55% of people listen to Alternative music, and another 55% have chosen other which consists of house music. I should now consider my music magazine to be based on the genre of either house or alternative as that it the most listened to via the respondents. My next question results consist of "Would you be interested in a free gift with a music magazine?" My respondents have made it clear they would with a massive 82% saying yes. I will now include a free gift with my music magazine preferably a CD as my results how shown that my respondents would like that.

I would like to state that these questionnaire results are not in order. I hope this has not caused any confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment