Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Magazine Double Page Spread Production Process

Below is the production process of my double page spread

Here I have started using a black background with the text colour consisting of white and gold, I have used these colours as the black and white text connote exclusivity and the black connotes a strong hard look. My main image which I have used is a rendered image which consists of "King Tyrone" which my double page spread is about. The facial expression and the mise en scene in this picture connotes a strong look of a rapper of what he is wearing which consists of a cardigan and a cap. Also this symbolises as change as further down my production I will be inserting a secondary image which will contrast with this main image.


As I have progressed through my production I have now inserted my main article, I have placed this in the middle of my double page spread to make this my main focal point. The colour schemes I have used is again the gold and white. I have used this to my advantage as this will show the readers which is the question and what is the answer. I have also added a secondary headline which is placed at the side of the main image which consists of the text "KING TYRONE UNREVEALED" this is to tell the reader who the magazine double page spread is about. I have used a quotation from my artist as my main headline, I have used this font as it looks gritty and strong. The colour scheme I have used is the white and gold, as I have used the gold to highlight the key words of the quotation. This is all in order to attract and give impact on the reader. Lastly I have used two box at the top just to symbolise the page number.


I have now inserted text box which consists of a introduction of the main article with a drop capital. This drop capital gives the reader the impression that the double page spread has started. I have a another piece of text which again gives the reader a glimpse of what the magazine is about. I have used a caption below which I will be using later on through the production which will tell the reader what my secondary image is about shorty.

I am now in the final stages of my finished magazine double page spread. I have now inserted a rendered image of my artist. And he is perceived as a young boy back in his childhood where he was a thug and a criminal. This is why I have used bold text above to symbolise this as he has changed. And was able to change he life and become successful.


Here is my final double page spread, as you can see I have moved a few things around, I have did this because I realised my main column was too central which would mean a split in the text in which the reader would struggle reading my article. I have amended this by positioning the text further right which splits the two pages equally. I have moved other features around during the cause of the production process as I wanted to test the placing of each feature and thought this placement was best to catch the readers eye. As this divides the page from this childhood days and his rap star career. Which is essential as the reader will be engaging into this scenario.
In conclusion all the aspects of my double page spread I have used, I think I have used successfully as I have tried to portray my spread as old school and professional. I think I have successfully portrayed this image with the colours, fonts and pictures I have used.

No comments:

Post a Comment